Old 12-06-22, 07:10 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
mRNA vaccine research isn't new. It's been around for many years. But even after the 2004 SARS outbreak development was stalled because the first SARS outbreak didn't become a full blown pandemic. Most viruses that use the upper respiratory system as an entry point mutate to become less virulent quickly and often fizzle out before becoming an epidemic.

So we got complacent after the 2004 SARS outbreak and didn't push the mRNA vaccine development sooner. If we had pushed for development and appropriate usage years ago, there might have been less uninformed, hysterical resistance and disinformation throughout 2020-2022.

From 1978-'81 as a Navy Corpsman one of my duties included assisting researchers funded by the NIH and other agencies, through a joint Navy/Army project at NNMC Bethesda/Walter Reed, and NRMC San Diego. We Corpsmen and Army Medics just did grunt work, taking lab samples, running routine tests, assisting researchers in whatever way needed, all per very specific protocols. It's a long, painstaking process. It gave me a lifelong respect for real scientific research, and increasing disdain for the ignorance, paranoia and hysteria perpetrated by pop health woo practitioners and even some medical practitioners whose licenses to practice should be rescinded. That includes the GB Declaration participants who are way out of their lane as researchers when they attempt to push public policy. But the entire confused and conflicting official response from the CDC, WHO and other organizations was a gigantic flustercluck and undermined public confidence in research and public health policy for years to come.

Last edited by canklecat; 12-06-22 at 07:16 PM.
Likes For canklecat: