Old 07-03-20, 10:35 AM
Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Haven't been riding much. I ramped for a gravel race then tapered-ish for it only to have the promoter cancel the race 4 days before it was supposed to happen (covid protocols would be followed, etc). Not only is this physically crappy, but even worse is the mental/emotional damage. This whole season has been months of effort towards specific events, then having the rug pulled out from under me at the last minute. Canceling hotel reservations, PTO requests, resetting the TrainingPeaks calendar...it's wearing on my happiness outside of cycling.

The wife and I wanted to go camping this weekend (not because of the 4th, but because we like to camp), but ditched it because the woods are literally the only thing thats open to people right now. We camp to get AWAY from people, but it's likely that the woods is exactly where everyone is. Hoping to get some decent base miles in before hopping back on a maintenance/sweet spot plan next week. There's a Gran Fondo "happening" on the 25th that will have a time trial format for 134 miles (?!). I'm not working my riding around it in order to avoid potential disappointment, so IF it happens, it'll be on whatever legs I might have that day.

Last edited by Cypress; 07-03-20 at 10:43 AM.
Likes For Cypress: