Thread: 1st Bike
View Single Post
Old 08-04-20, 09:01 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10439 Post(s)
Liked 11,913 Times in 6,101 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
I hate the terminology that the indutry is using to catagorize bike like the Domane, Defy, etc. Almost any bike that let's the rider produce power comfortably, will work as an endurance bike. Proper bike fit,and clearance for wider tires will make almost any bike work for endurance riding.

I have a body type that's the opposite of your's, so a Domane is a perfect fit(with about 5" of drop to the handlebars).. It's far from what most would call an "endurance" fit, but it allows me to produce power comfortably, and gives a nice aero position in the drops.
I know. There's an urge to get a "race bike" because "endurance bike" doesn't sound as cool. But the bike that fits is the bike you'll ride, and if you stick yourself with a bike that DOESN'T fit, you'll find your rides getting shorter and your 'activation energy' to get on the bike will increase.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: