View Single Post
Old 07-12-21, 08:51 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10966 Post(s)
Liked 7,493 Times in 4,189 Posts
0 interest in a dropper post for my road bikes. The hills arent long enough for me to stop pedaling for a long enough time to tuck and make an even lower position worth it. The tuck time is under a minute as it is, so a dropper would give me what...1.125 seconds faster down the hill?...maybe? Meanwhile I have a dropper post on my road bike and all the common issues/complaints that come with em. Lower level gear then copies the look of costly gear and suddenly clunky poorly designed cheap droppers are on entry road bikes and are basically unusable.

Nope, no interest in anything close to that version playing out. Its a road bike, I dont need to get my weight back behind the saddle.

Along these lines, I also dont have a dropper on my gravel bike because gravel roads are just unpaved roads. If someone wants to underbike and use their gravel bike on technical difficult MTB terrain, I guess a dropper would be good.