Old 08-27-21, 07:48 PM
Andyota

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Langster, 1997, 1999 and 2000 Schwinn Homegrown, a couple 1990s Mongoose IBOC MTBs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
.4.5 months later, and It's finally here! I dropped it at my favorite bike shop for assembly yesterday at lunch (pro assembly required for warranty activation ), they called me at 4pm after finishing it early today, and there you have it.

I already took it for a short shakedown run with my oldest son, and this is an instant hit. size (M) is perfect for me, the monster forks are gorgeous, stiff and sharp handling, the mechanical disks and shifters are smooth and quiet, and even through they are a 28-hole pinned rim, I think they'll be ok for a season or two with a little attention to keeping the spokes tensioned and rims true. I will likely build another set this winter from a higher-quality hoop, but these will be fine for now. These are the widest road tires I've ridden before (700x38c), but I think I'll get used to them (twist my arm) because they ride like I'm on a cloud.

I'm ready to get back in the saddle, my promotion at work and the associated stress eating is taking over.

Here it is, and pardon my clutter I have far too many hobbies .

Last edited by Andyota; 08-27-21 at 08:09 PM.