View Single Post
Old 04-07-22, 02:12 PM
LoneStarVM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
New Options are always nice to see the Forward Thinking of the industry. However, to me, it makes me appreciate some of the OLD features. The New Steering Head with integrated shock absorbers, and fancy electronic readouts will not allow risers. They locks one into that geometry. The Di2 locks one into a certain shifting system. I LIKE the old models where I can change steering tube risers and stem lengths. I LIKE the old cable routing where i can easily change from STI to Thumb shifters.
I LOVE the new frame styles with the smaller rear triangle of seat stays (like BMC Alpenchallenge and newer Giant bicycles). I really like the experimentation of frame carbon and aerofoil blade shapes, and different wide-to-thin top tubes. I like the hydraulic brakes. I STILL ride with an OX double-butted Trek 1992 steel frame. I like the way I can change cassettes and rings to fit my needs with older clearances. I am not a 1-Front Ring-only user. I like the old fashioned 48-38-28 to get me flexibility. Servicing is NOT an issue. I like rim brakes just fine on the 930-frame. Some of the 2019-2022 carbon frames for TT bikes are awesome. I wish I can find one frame set my size, and just build the rest to my preferences with the cassette, and shifters which suit my needs. And I can!! Progress is a lovely thing, to where someone has an idea and we can just pick and piece-together what we like.
I am glad I am not stuck with Just Old. I really dislike the old frames where the seat stays triangle were HUGE. Not necessary for rigidity at all. The joy of bicycling, is the tinkering, in addition to the riding and gliding.

Last edited by LoneStarVM; 04-07-22 at 02:15 PM.
Likes For LoneStarVM: