View Single Post
Old 02-09-16, 12:21 PM
sadisticnoob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raleigh MV8 Mini Velo Thread

In September, I bought a Raleigh Mini Velo 8 from my LBS in Singapore, I thought it looked nice and would be a rather affordable commuting rig.

Stock version

upon purchasing it, I made some upgrades to the bike as I preferred a road bike-like position. end of the day , it stepped out of the LBS looking like this

After riding it for several months, bringing it with me along road bike group rides, I detested the fact that the stock wheel was crap, not only was the wheel untrue, but the bearings was lousy, I was also constantly on the last 4 cogs of my cassette, always out spinning it when the going gets going and wanted a more mordern feel to the bike. went back to the LBS and after a week or so of tinkering with it came back with this

Full build list

The full build has a rough estimated weight of 9.3-9.4kg (measured using weighing machine + body weight)

Opted for the 61t gehardt chainring as i felt i could use a bigger chainring, mated to a SRAM S300 courier crankset. Didnt get to weight these as the LBS had to destroy the old 48T chainring and bolts to get the new chainring on

Wheels are the litpro S42 406 wheelset. which is basically a 42mm rim height 406 rim. Didn't get the weight as it was delivered to the LBS and by the time i remembered about it, tires and wheels are mounted Tires are some Kenda 20x 1.0 tires. Braking are handled by a pair of SRAM single digit 7 Brakes, the promax that came with the bikes are lighter, but the single digit 7 are easier to maintain and wheel removal is easy.