rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by work4bike
This is an article about e-bikes, but I'm putting it here in lieu of the ebike forum, because I'm wondering how the popularity of ebikes will affect bike advocacy in the future, given that they are on a very upward trend in popularity. I guess there could also be a discussion about safety WRT ebikes and the difference with traditional bikes, but for now I'm more concerned with advocacy. I'm dead set against ebikes for myself, but I wonder if most non-cyclist make a distinction between traditional cyclists and these crazy non-cyclists on ebikes.

P.S. I know there is a place for ebikes and I've seen a few people, mostly older folks that use ebikes in a very practical manner and observe rules of the road; however, I see way, way more ebikes that are zipping by and are a total hazard on the roads. I'm addressing those idiots who are in the majority (at least in my local area).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/e-bikes-a...100029448.html

Excerpt:
One solution is to put speed limits on MUPs, AND INFORCE THEM!!!! Cyclist are always screaming for cars to "share the road" they need to "share the MUP"!! MUPS should not be training routes for racers. They are for the use of everyone from little Susie on her side walk bike, old people with walkers, dog walkers and bikes. I for one try to limit my speed on the MUPs to 15MPH. And that includes my E-trike.
Likes For rydabent: