Old 04-25-21, 05:39 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Ataylor
I feel like an ass turning down people's suggestions, but as always, I do appreciate and value the help I get from everyone on here very much. I'm just trying not to spend money when I don't need to. Hope you guys understand.
Don’t. Your questions were remarkably different (in substance and expectation) than asking about a 30+ pound bike with garbage components looking for affirmation from a bunch of folks who’ve been riding quality bikes for years. D-Fly is NOT a requirement to have Di2, it can enhance the experience, but it isn’t necessary. That’s my opinions.

As for what gear you’re in, I don’t look or care either. I can tell by feel when I am outside my normal cadence range, and I know how to shift the gears to get there based on the salutation (wind, hills up or down, etc.). It’s a “nice to have”, but definitely not necessary for even a moderately experienced rider.