View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 04:53 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 186 Times in 122 Posts
I have a very nice Wilier I bought in January 2014. It rides great and still has the threaded bottom bracket which is why I bought it. After that year they went to press fits. Then I bought my Habanero in March of 2017. I can say since then my Wilier is on the trainer and maybe I have road it 500-600 miles since then and have been averaging over 4000 per year. They both have Shimano Ultegra but of course the 6800 on the Habby is a much smoother shifter than the 6700 on the Wilier. The Wilier shifts fine no misses but requires much more work to dial in the shifter when changing cables or wheelsets. The 6800 is completely flawless and silent.

Now the big difference is the Ti is just a bit smoother on the roads the bumps seem to go by easier. The other real difference is the silence. The Ti is a quiet ride and no noise from the frame in wind or in shifting due to internal cables. I call my Habby the silent stalker it is a real joy to ride. The Wilier is marginally lighter maybe 18.5 vs 19 pounds ride equipped. So the next point is that until the current CF manufactures decide to return to thread bottom brackets and the rest I will not go to CF. The Ti is just a better ride and bike all the way around. Of course it has exposed cables but I can change them in a heartbeat and I am a good wrench. Those cables through the tubes are just harder but I have a system. In the end it will always be Titanium for me. My next one is a disk Ti.
Likes For deacon mark: