View Single Post
Old 05-21-21, 04:12 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,870 Times in 1,439 Posts
I took a long lunch today for a ride through a couple of local MUPs, the Fanno Creek Trail and the Westside Regional Trail. There's a theory that these are going to be connected someday, but not yet.

The Fanno Creek Trail is part of the infamous Neal Lerner Invitational route. A lot of PNW BF members, and a few lucky others, have probably ridden it before. It's a pleasant route that I've probably ridden 100 times, but I don't think I've properly documented it with pictures before.

I started out taking Fifth Avenue across Beaverton, a typical suburban street with the beautiful Oregon sky in the background.

Fifth Avenue ends abruptly like this:

That leads to my favorite piece of bike infrastructure in Oregon. As you enter the apartment complex parking lot seen above, you discover a 100 yard paved path that connects central Beaverton to the Fanno Creek trail via Raleigh West neighborhood.

Finally, into the wild (or as close to "wild" as the western suburbs of Portland get).

Take in the beauty of the suburban water features.

A break in the trail provides what may be the most Portland picture ever taken. Bikes? Check. Recycling? Check. Weed dispensary? Check. Dang it! No coffee!

Back on the trail, if you want to park the bike and walk a bit, THPRD has you covered.

As you might expect, the Fanno Creek Trail features a lot of bridges.

Only one pic left before the forum makes me split this post, I better get in a shot of the bike.