View Single Post
Old 03-27-18, 03:21 AM
akirapuff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Bike fit question

I recently got a bikefit from a reputable fitter ( Nate Loyal ), and I have a question about saddle height. I am 5'8 with 76cm inseam. My bike is a 49cm 2015 roubaix. Before I had the bike fit, I used the inseam method, and found that the length from crank to top of saddle should be 66cm. When I brought in my bike in to get fit, he first said I couldn't be fit on the bike since the bike was too small. Then he said he could make it fit, but it would be ugly. I said to go ahead and fit me anyway. He raised the saddle to 69cm. I was shocked at how much he had raised the saddle, and questioned him what he thinks about the inseam method, but he didn't seem to be familiar with that method. He also put the saddle forward so my sit bones would sit toward the back of the saddle. When I tried pedaling with the heels on the pedal, now I am not able to reach them at the bottom of the stroke.

I have left knee pain, which was the reason for the bikefit, and I am very cautious when it comes to saddle height. Because the difference between the two methods is so great, now Im starting to doubt the bikefit I was given. Can there be that big of a difference between bike fitting methods? Was I supposed to measure my inseam with my cycling shoes on? Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by akirapuff; 03-27-18 at 03:25 AM.