View Single Post
Old 03-27-18, 02:18 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4409 Post(s)
Liked 1,566 Times in 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by ptempel
That sounds a little too high. I use about 83% of my inseam. For you that would be 76cm x .83 = 63cm. That should get you in the ballpark. Then you can tweak it up or down a little after riding a bit. Also that measure is from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the saddle. This was what Lemond and Hinault got from Cyril Guimard (their coach) on the Renault-Elf team back in late 1970’s I think.
The Guimard number is .883, not .83. Your saddle is 5% lower than it should be.

To the OP:
"Heals on the pedals" is generally too low. If you have a correctly measured "cycling inseam", your saddle should be at 67cm, but many people fail to measure their inseams correctly - 76cm is low for someone your height. The fitter probably knows better.

A 49cm is too small, for the simple reason that you are just under average height, yet you are riding the smallest size in that model. If someone 5'8" should be on a 49, what would someone 5'5" ride?

Sell the bike and get a new one - in something like a 53 or 54. Generally the fitter can take your numbers and apply them to the new bike easily enough - and can even recommend a size for a particular model using a geo chart. Use that resource.

Not only is the bike less than ideal, you probably look ridiculous riding it.