Thread: Canadian Border
View Single Post
Old 03-15-21, 03:01 PM
Altair 4

Bikes: 2011 Novara Forza Hybrid, 2005 Trek 820, 1989 Cannondale SR500 Black Lightning, 1975 Mundo Cycles Caloi Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by skookum
I got my first shot last week and and I don't have any proof except for the form that tells you to drink lots of water and phone 911 in case of emergency.
As far as this side of the border goes, I expect it would take them about ten years to get a certification program going. There all kinds of privacy concerns, and the kinds of decisions to which bureaucrats are adverse.
We will see what happens.
Your comment made m laugh and my first thought about "ten years" was "that sounds about right." While not exactly on point, I heard the clip of PM Trudeau talking about his concerns about using a vaccine passport for going to domestic events and the like and the issues he mentioned echoed your thoughts. He's definitely more open to it for international travel.

Trudeau on Vaccine Passports (57 seconds long)

I'm in Pennsylvania and recently got my vaccine. I was given a small card issued by the CDC listing my name, the date the vaccine was administered, the brand and lot number, and the location. I've been told that eventually it will be recorded on my electronic medical record, but it's not there yet.