View Single Post
Old 04-30-21, 08:56 AM
Josh_Craig

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusT
I agree 100%. Too many people believe because they have a passion for a hobby (biking, backpacking, cars, etc) that they can run a business in that field. Technical knowledge is one thing, but without a good business mind and most of all, excellent customer service, you're going no where.
First, thing for a business model, is how to compete online. I don't mean for repairs, but people search online for sales, service, free advice. And until the pandemic eases up, inventory is a huge challenge
Best of luck. Let us know what you do.
Hey MarcusT. Appreciate the insight. Do you own a shop? I'd love to know what you think the biggest challenge is one you're at a point of owning and running it. I do really love business (in addition to bikes) and want to make sure I'm being smart here and know what to expect/what the reality is. I've taken an online course on business and read books and learned a lot about marketing, accounting, legal, etc. Not like I'm an expert, but I am aiming to know what I'm doing and not just make a "passion decision" here.

I appreciate any down-to-earth, realistic insight you can offer!