Old 07-13-21, 04:39 PM
sshakari

Bikes: Canyon Endurace, Merckx liege 75, Cinelli Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
The toughest to quit is nicotine, at least for me. I have an addictive personality, or so they tell me. Total alcoholic, black out every night, etc. Quitting alcohol was tough, I was very irritable and the craving was strong, but I was very sick from it including bleeding internally. I felt it was quit or die, not to mention the intense pain in my stomach. I think the worst part was thinking I could never have a drink again.

I had to quit caffeine for a month once due to doctor's orders. It was a little rough, headaches, irritability. Not such a huge problem.

Cigarettes, another story. That stuff messes with your brain, makes you not think right. I swear I considered driving into a concrete abutment on the freeway, it was that crazy. I tried the patch, no good. I switched to chewing tobacco and back to cigars and snuff and chew and eventually got away from it. Nicotine is pure evil, the hardest thing I've had to quit.
I hear you John! I've quit just about everything cigs, alcohol, food, drugs etc... coffee has been the toughest for me. Im going to get back to coffee just not daily.