View Single Post
Old 02-21-22, 07:12 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,995 Times in 1,780 Posts
Can't argue with T-Mar on the build appearance as I noticed the same things between my 1987 Waterford Paramount and my PDG Paramount. The other thing I can't argue about though is how the PDG was always faster on the same route than the Waterford. I really wanted to like my Waterford and it was a beautiful bike, serial #1 for 1987 and had even been back in later years to the factory to get realigned and repainted. But it was just always slower than the PDG even though the Waterford also had what would be considered a better build on it and about a 4 lb weight advantage over the PDG. It just couldn't produce the same speed for whatever reason. Heck the heavy old PDG has posted some of my best climbing segments on local climbs despite running a 42T small chainring. It just seems really good at putting my meager power into forward motion.

The Waterford in it's lightest configuration. Tried several different wheel/tire combo's trying to get more speed out of it.

This is just the better of the two in my opinion and experience. It's been through various changes too, this is the current setup.

Last edited by jamesdak; 02-21-22 at 07:18 PM.
Likes For jamesdak: