View Single Post
Old 09-30-22, 08:01 AM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 612 Posts
Well, my knee surgeries are behind me now, my legs are straight again and an inch longer and I have been doing some "real" bike riding not just on the trainer. I haven't tried my road bikes yet but I've been on my 2021 Trek Marlin 5 MTB quite a bit and I drug out my old 22" Trek 820 MTB yesterday and it fit me just fine with no adjustments. I bought it new almost 25 years ago to the day so it was kind of like going back in time. I'm slowly getting back to swinging my leg over the saddle to mount, depending on which bike, but the dismounts are still ugly and nerve wracking. Now it's a matter of range of motion, it's slowly coming back but I'm still very nervous making certain motions like swinging my leg back over the saddle to dismount. I also had difficulty getting my foot out of the strap on the PowerGrip pedals on the 820 although I think with a little more practice it would become 2nd nature again. However I noticed my feet were parallel to the bike and centered on the pedal side to side so maybe it's time to dust off my SPD's......... I haven't been able to use them for a few years because of the condition my knees were in but I think I would be able to unclip with no issue now.