View Single Post
Old 06-27-21, 01:29 PM
mdarnton

Bikes: nothing to brag about

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 116 Posts
Ha, no. You can't imagine how long I wasted on this, and I wasn't taking notes for a thesis, but read my added last paragraph.

My original intent was to find a spray that would work on both dogs and humans. I finally settled on Halt, even though it's half the strength of human spray, because of the color residue to tag the perp, dog or human, and the suggested better effectiveness on dogs. I figure that if I use it on people, being half strength it will be half as bad as what I understand is infinitely horrible anyway. And I'm more worried about dogs, frankly.

Bear spray, being considerably stronger, seemed less fair . . . and in a human situation you have to consider that it might get used back on you at close distance, and people have been blinded by bear spray, so, nope, not going there!

Just to be perfectly clear here: my conclusion is that one should use the spray intended for humans on humans, that for dogs on dogs, and that for bears on bears. Nothing radical, just follow the instructions and assume the manufacturers know what they are doing.

Last edited by mdarnton; 06-27-21 at 05:56 PM.