View Single Post
Old 10-15-16, 11:06 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sloar
Do any of you guys..... ever feel guilty...?
Yes! Of course we do. Every normal human on Earth has exactly the same emotions/feeling as do you. And most people that have owned a dog... know that even our four legged friends know the feeling of guilt.

Guilt, shame, pride, envy, jealousy, hate, love, fear...... there are actually many more than I am going to try and list here. And I swear to God... I know I feel each and every one.

Should you feel guilty about owning a nice bike? I am clueless there. Talk to your wife, talk to your spiritual leader/guide. Spend time in meditative thought and/or prayer. It doesn't matter. We either struggle with our feeling... or we accept them. I can tend to be a bit of an asshat myself. I became a happy man only after I realized that everyone knew that about me... and was more OK with it... than I was.

I own more than one bike. Some rotate through. I buy them, restore them, enjoy them, sell them... and repeat. I don't flip bikes. But I profit enough in my spare time efforts to more-or-less pay for my cycling hobby. It sounds like you could do the same.