Old 08-18-19, 04:23 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
To explore the topic more I starder a comfort challenge project (the address is: gravelbikes.cc) where I want to test all the possible solutions for improving riding comfort. Right now apart from flexing seatpost from Ergon and shockstop stem I managed to test 700x50c tires and measured the difference between tubed and tubeless tires. But I want to do much more test in the future. If you have any suggestions what exactly should I test please tell me. Thank you!

Originally Posted by FlashBazbo
Well . . . it's an overgeneralization to say that tubeless is ALWAYS superior. It depends on the tire. Not all tires are created equal and sometimes tubeless-ready tires are much heavier and stiffer than their tubed equivalents. I've ridden Challenge tires since before most people knew gravel was a thing -- I'm a fan. But Challenge's Gravel Grinder tubeless tires tend to be pretty stiff and harsh compared to their tubed versions. (For that reason, I'm changing to Challenge's Strada Bianca tubeless for road/upscale gravel and to WTB 650b's and Panaracer 700c's for tubeless on fun gravel.)
My tests shows that tubeless setup is not necessary ALWAYS superior - not if we look on damping properties