Old 10-29-20, 08:24 AM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem; 1985 Performance Superbe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked 572 Times in 332 Posts
For those of you in Texas: Though there is an effort underway to change the law (which I support), I understand that if you are riding on a crosswalk (as in this video) and are hit, the driver cannot be charged. They can only be charged if you are a pedestrian.

Dunno what the law is in CO.

Even if this happened in TX, it would still be a hit-and-run as there was failure to notify and render aid. (I had to look it up.)

From the Texas Transportation Code: SUBCHAPTER B. DUTIES FOLLOWING ACCIDENT Sec. 550.021. ACCIDENT INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.

(a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident that results or is reasonably likely to result in injury to or death of a person shall:

(1) immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible;

(2) immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident;

(3) immediately determine whether a person is involved in the accident, and if a person is involved in the accident, whether that person requires aid; and

(4) remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023. (DUTY TO GIVE INFORMATION AND RENDER AID)

Last edited by flangehead; 10-29-20 at 08:43 AM.