View Single Post
Old 12-24-20, 08:32 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD5W2sm3sQY

I didn't see "falling asleep" confirmed earlier. It sounds like the driver was still struggling to make sense of what happened, and prompting by the officer didn't help.

There seems to be enough evidence of impairment that I'm surprised the police didn't take the driver into custody sooner.
Just talking out loud:
From the video I was wondering about the truck driver’s reactions as well. They certainly appeared to be “off” to me. But I also wondered if some of it could have been from the mental shock of what he’d done. Or if he was already thinking about what was going to happen to him after what he’d done......loss of job, legal issues, knowing he had meth in his system, imprisonment, killing people, seeing lifeless bodies, etc. I guess only the truck driver knows??

The patrolman appeared to be sympathetic, but that might be part of his training trying to get all the facts as soon after the incident as possible, or maybe just a reflection of his personality???

Just my observations from the videos I’ve seen. Just a horrific situation.