Old 11-20-20, 09:27 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6972 Post(s)
Liked 10,970 Times in 4,692 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
My price is admittedly arbitrary. i can get a pair of GP5k for $80, so i added a bit on top of that for other tire options.
I've been curious about Compass RH tires for years, but haven't taken the plunge. Their standard casing is certainly light enough and if that means a bit less sidewall wear, it could work.
More reading to do.
I was in the same boat: curious about RH, but put off by the prices. Finally bought the 35mm Bon Jon Pass tires -- so, I've got different ones, and mine are set up tubeless, while the 32mm tires must be used with tubes. But I will say that the 35mm tires are smooth, sure-footed, and durable (I don't think I've gotten a puncture yet - but if I have, it must've sealed up immediately).

They also seem to be holding up well: I'm at 2400 miles, and -- though it's hard to judge such things -- I'd guess that the rear tire has at least 300-400 miles left (perhaps more), and the front has probably not even reached its half-life. For supple, high-performance tires, that's not bad.

They are also very well-made. We've both used the WTB Resolutes, and I've gotten used to some wide manufacturing variance with those -- in particular, the tread is never applied evenly to the casing, which might explain why they are usually noticeably out-of-round. But the RH tires (sample size of 2, anyway) seem pretty much perfect.