Old 04-30-22, 12:14 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 917 Posts
I went for my second Critical Mass ride last night; we had to be ~200 people on the Arcata Plaza. The first incident was a youngish man on his rather spiffy motorcycle, who evidently wanted to join us, as he drove (slowly, at least) to the center of the plaza where the most people were. No one was amused so he drove back onto the street and proceeded to spend the next 10 or so minutes speeding around the plaza, doing wheelies, and generally behaving in a "Look at me, I'm cool! I'm so cool! Aren't I cool? Please like me!" manner. It was kind of embarrassing, really.
Then we started to move out, which involved riding in big, boisterous, happy circles in the streets around the plaza a few times. That's when the douch-bro truck roared by; I'm not sure if he was trying to roll coal but something went wrong, or if he just wished he could; either way, his efforts were met with initial loud boos, which dissolved into hilarity, because we were having such a good time. Okay, so some were having more of a good time than the rest of us, but we had a great ride anyway.

As for the rest of this thread, it is entertaining to watch people feed the Please, keep it up!