View Single Post
Old 05-30-22, 10:04 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
I also vote for the Lezyne, I've owned my Road Drive for about 9 years and it's still working great. One word of advice on the Lezyne, make sure you get the longest one of the model you chose, the longer ones are easier to pump with, and they're not stupidly long either, nor weigh that much more than the shortest one.

I think the Silca Tattico is overpriced and heavy at 165 grams vs 110 for the large Road Drive. Since the Road Drive is about an inch and a half longer, it would, or should be easier to pump up to higher pressures than the Silca. And really, who needs bluetooth on a pump? LMAO!

Another mini pump that is liked by a lot of people is the Topeak Race Rocket HP, I own this pump as well. My opinion is that the Lezyne takes a bit less effort and strokes to fill my 25c tires than the Topeak does, it takes about 60 strokes more to get to 80 than the Lezyne does. So, for all around effort the Lezyne wins. Having said all of that, the Topeak is not a bad pump, in fact it's one of the better ones that I would rank 2nd behind the Lezyne. The problem with most mini pumps is that they simply cannot get up to their rated psi, and most would be lucky to get to 75psi without some sort of herculean effort! I sent back over a dozen mini pumps because they all failed to get past 75 psi. I once saw a test of 40 or 45 or so mini pumps, and the Lezyne road drive took the least number of strokes of all of them by a minimum of 50 strokes from the next best one!

I doubt there are more than a half a dozen pumps that can get to 90 or more psi, while some will scream they don't use more than 80psi you have to keep something in mind, those pumps that can't make to 90 makes them real difficult if not impossible to get to 80! And you want to avoid struggling to get air into a tire while out on the road. So Lezyne, in my opinion, and others here, as well as a test I saw, is the absolute best mini pump to have.
Likes For rekmeyata: