View Single Post
Old 10-23-22, 08:08 AM
goncalompls

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
The bike looks to be in reasonably good shape and it is a fairly high end model. Other than that, I have no persona experience with the exact bike. But I do have a lot of experience with high end French bikes, and my thoughts on them are mostly positive.

As for value, I would jump at the chance to buy it for $250.00 Canadian (you can do any monetary conversion to represent that value in your currency) but be prepared to pay up to $300. If I were offering it for sale, I would want $450 CND but be prepared to go as low as $350 CND.

The bike has, as mentioned, a quality frame/fork combination and the Shimano 600 Arabesque group is one of my favorites. I recently bought this full Shimano 600 Arabesque Velo Sport for $70.00 CND, knowing that I could get $200.00 just for the component group. I really have no need to sell the group and, once harvested, I plan to tuck the component group away for an upcoming build.. However, if someone offered my $250.00 CND for the complete bike, I would help him (or a very tall her) load it into their car...

Should you choose to buy the bike, you would be wise to replace the grease in the bottom bracket, head set and wheel hubs. Bikes, that have been unused or stored for many years tend to have worn out (deteriorated) grease in each of these cavities, this being the most extreme example of how badly grease (now rust colored powder) can deteriorate...

That's awesome to know thank you!
This specific bike the seller is saying was fully stripped down to the frame and put back together which makes me feel more confident about it.
The question I still have in my mind is the price of transport to Paris so I can get it that's why I was trying to work out the market value for it.

That bottom bracket looks incredibly bad