Old 05-20-22, 08:40 AM
dvdwmth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
Here's one for Le P'tit Train du Nord, a wonderful rail-trail which starts just north of Montreal:

https://ptittraindunord.com/en/
Wow! Thank you for that one.
As interested as I am for the bike touring potential, I'm just as excited to see ski tracks. I'm in love with x-country skiing but its been iffy in Ontario the last 7 years due to warm winters. This past winter was ok, and the one before had skiable conditions but life prevented me from getting out. I'm way fitter this spring even though i only got out about 10 times. It is hands down the best exercise I've ever done. I am astonished every year by what happens to my body and mind once I've gotten my three painful session under my belt. It also means I'm as strong in May as I would be in July if i didn't ski. Given the unpredictable nature of winter in the age of global warming I'm always on the lookout for destinations to ski. Hmmm. Ski touring. That might be fun.

Back to cycling though, that does look like an amazing destination, and I have a strong desire to visit Montreal again. Its been thirty years since i was there and my wife attended university there almost as long ago. I'm an urbanite at heart, despite currently living in a city with only 120k, and I like to have a shiny buzzing city to dangle on a stick in front of me while I ride. Can't wait to do the Buffalo to NY rail trail, but not this year.