View Single Post
Old 06-19-22, 08:22 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4199 Post(s)
Liked 3,851 Times in 2,301 Posts
I don't think a shop trying to sell you a bike is ripping you off. They are trying to both stay in business and keep you as a customer. The key is how these two motivations overlap and what do their customers think of that. One of the very early lessons I learned about running a business was that there's nearly no way for a shop to make every potential customer happy. There are reasons why a shop takes one path, instead of another, when dealing with their business. Not all these reasons are shared by all, or even acknowledged by some.

I have to admit that I question those who reject options and instead turn them into faults. One might choose to not take the offers up but to claim a crime (stealing, it's what ripping one off means to me) when no harm or loss has happened is stretching things a lot. Andy