View Single Post
Old 08-21-22, 06:55 PM
3d1l

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by t2p
Is your current bike still a good option ?

Are there additional changes that could enhance this bike ?
No, and it never has been. The frame is too small. I use it because that's all I have at the moment.

Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
Fat tires and low pressure will take the place of suspension for the riding you describe. A lot of new bikes have 27.5 x 2.8 tires that can be run at 15 to 20 psi. If you were local, I would have you test ride my surly pugsley with 26 x4 up front and 27.5 x 2.5 rear and sprung brooks saddle.
Ok, got your point

Originally Posted by J_Chickles
I realize this is a "BMX" bike would definitely have an upright position

I have one of the 29" cruisers (A Big Flyer) and have ridden it on some easy trails -- no front brake on mine means you cant get too aggressive, but the bike i linked to below addresses that

SE Bikes Fast Ripper 29" – SE BIKES
As I said, I'm not planning to do anything crazy. Thanks for the suggestion

Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
A mid 1990s bike is upright? These are the ones people ride today with huge bar ends sticking straight up like antlers.
Originally Posted by 2old
I agree with DL; locate a steel MTB from 1985 - 1995, make sure it fits well, then add an inexpensive suspension fork like the straight-steerer Manitou Markhor (if you want front suspension), and your Thudbuster (check that it fits the bike before you purchase). Then, install 5" or more rise bars and / or a 35 degree stem to provide an upright, comfortable orientation.
You said "like antlers" Do you mean something like this? hahaha: