cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by AlgarveCycling
Fabio looks to be faster this year despite how well Cav is going and he has earned a place in the Team. As has been said, he is a very nice guy, I met him earlier this year.
Fabio was brought into the squad specifically to be the No.1 sprinter; Cav knows this too. Cav was given a Hail Mary long shot at a last hurrah last year and even though he has surpassed all expectations and done extremely well, Fabio is still the younger rider, looking the strongest and he is the Wolf Pack's future - Lefevere had a very tough choice: support Cav and possibly get a new record with all the great stuff that brings or support the rider who he wants to retain longer-term.
I'd love to have seen Cav there but I 'get' the decision.
Froomey? Well, I think that's more to do with marketing and sponsorship exposure than a real shot at anything at all. Again, would love to see him win again, even just a stage, but it looks like a tough ask which is a real shame.
Don;t think it's a difficult decision for Lefevere , it would be a bitter fruit for him as well as all Belgium (and many faithful), if Cav were to get a win. There really is no comparison, just in the TDF, not considering the cycling pantheon in general. When Merckx is pushed down the podium, it should be by a worthy accomplishment. Sprint wins are fine and dandy, but hardly noteworthy; compared to the range of challenges in all-round rides...
Lefevere can count on his team/train to deliver either Jacobsen or Cav ...
I am impressed by Froomie's persistance and work - I think he's worth cheering on ... and until Woodsie's GC win in Occitanie, Isreal Start-up hasn't had much fun... How ever far Froomie recovers, he's a true and worthy rider in my pantheon of greats.
In any case, The Giro was Awesome! and I'm so stoked for the coming TDF! Between all the young talent and the oldsters still kickin butt, this beats all the Lance years (just in one year) for drama (I'm not crazy about off-bike drama).
Ride On
Yuri