Old 08-06-22, 09:50 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
AND, since I am whining (and thanks for the replies) it would be great if there was an algorithm that would flag best times ridden with another Strava user/s versus no flag for a solo rider. Too many best times are logged in a group ride where drafting is involved. Picky picky.

And it is clearly evident that not everyone uses of even knows about Strava or even wants it, so there could also be rides with multiple riders where only one getting the KOM is using it but benefiting by the pack, so my concern is probably mute.
That would be cool, I've thought about that, too, but I think that it would be impossible to enforce and would be a slippery slope, as well.

First, not everybody out there is on Strava - with no intended shenanigans, someone might find themselves in a small group but the only one uploading to Strava. Are they supposed to self-police? I don't see that happening. Then, there'd be the people gaming it - enlisting a buddy or three to help them make a run at this or that solo segment by switching off their devices. How do you catch that?

Further down the line, I think it leads to stuff like the influence of wind. "That guy had a 20mph tail wind - no fair!" or even the opposite "I had a 20mph head wind - I should get more credit!"

Yeah. Nah.

Last edited by WhyFi; 08-06-22 at 01:26 PM.
Likes For WhyFi: