View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 04:50 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
If some one does not like the opinion, they can look elsewhere. Let the seller or buyer do their own research for value. I have not seen anyone giving an evaluation make the statement that they are an expert at evaluating anything. Evaluation is opinion, not fact. I am sure you have heard what is said about opinions and a'holes. No one is being dis-serviced and respect has nothing to do with it. Just my OPINION.
I'm sorry, but people actually get paid to evaluate prices for all kinds of things, from real estate to automobiles to antiques. It's a profession and a proper evaluation is much more than "an opinion" when it comes down to the fact that said evaluation can affect the amount of money someone gets for something or create ripples in the market. The C&V Appraisals forum is a great place for people with little knowledge of bicycles to come and ask for advice from knowledgeable collectors and purveyors, and I for one only provide my "opinion" when I have a valid reason to make a suggestion of value that may actually translate into a real transaction for someone else. That's the respect part.

-Gregory
Likes For Kilroy1988: