Old 08-25-22, 08:00 AM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
Well, I would consider records at UCI and USAC events to be entirely different than records on Strava.

Yeah, I remember having to run junior gearing even in the adult categories. Wasn't a big deal for me since I was never up to contesting a sprint at the adult level, but I saw plenty a junior spinning their legs into a blur as the pack finished the race at 40+ mph. I definitely felt that anyone who could run with the adults, should be able to be equipped like the adults.
Here is my point. UCI / USAC the kids have limited gears. Strava, a group ride they might not. They can better adult times when not restricted. Why do I want to know someone's record when performing handicapped. Sure we can compare year to year, but only for juniors. I'd like to compare against all cyclists.

Part II
Race conditions vary a whole bunch. USA venues change. UCI, we don't have any for juniors ~ kinda except USA Nationals they blend the rules.
A racecourse that is repeatably used year over year that is the same for all categories and typically has the same weather is great to look at for both race times and Strava.
This is such a segment. vos tt | Strava Ride Segment in Buckeye, AZ
But again, we don't know what the equipment was. In the last 10 years juniors have had changing restrictions on...
-gears
-spokes in wheels
-A TT Bike
-Aero bars
-Aero WB
-Put forearms on bars

Last edited by Doge; 08-25-22 at 09:30 AM.
Likes For Doge: