cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
To be fair, he hit me upon acceleration, and immediately stopped once he realized what was happening. If he'd have been doing the 45mph speed limit, another story. But he wasn't, so my guardian angel got to put in some work yet again. Can't imagine what the retainer for this summer is going to be...

Am I seeing the above pic correctly in that the bar is actually bent in, and the brifter seems to have received little damage?
You definitely used all of your nine lives favors there. Still, remarkable that it held up - stronger rims might have transferred the impact to the rear triangle.

The bar is bent in; the brifter went on to live another day. Impact was a 10-15mph hit from the side, hence the RD, crank, and handlebar all bent in, yet the brifter survived. I think the bar hit the right corner of the hood, giving the brifter a reprieve from the impact.

This was technically a head-on: I was easing up to the stop line at an offset 4-way intersection as the driver hugged the apex of his left turn and took me out. He lined up directly with the opposing lane of traffic. It would have been a dead straight impact with the front wheel, but I attempted to power out of it to the left (right wasn't an option - parked vehicles) when the crash was inevitable.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: