Old 10-15-22, 01:49 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
So, the frame is ok? From what I can see, it looks fine but it’s a picture. You would know and I’m sure you have double, maybe triple checked everything. A bike without wheels looks forlorn to me. I have a couple in my garage right now just hanging there, I have to make a trip to the co-op because it bugs me to see them. I have had bikes that are waiting for me to finish , sitting on my stand , waiting for wheels and it is a great motivator. It makes me want to get wheels on them.
Cudak888 that looks like it was a gnarly one, but good news is you’re still here to share. Bike accidents suck and most of us , fortunately, survive, but it is not a given. Every time I hear about a friend who has been hit or went down(not that often , really) I try to hide it from my wife. Every week when I leave for my ride, I can see it on her face…she worries. So, best option is to have her join me! We rode for 2-3 years without a car and never an incident . She went down once but a car was not involved.
We roll the dice a hundred different times a day - two hundred if we're active. Just the same, somehow, we seem to make it home most of the time

Good point about the frame. Can't tell a thing, huh?

The possibility of frame damage, however slight, is the main reason I suggested a $500 difference between the high and low. I knew the low would take care of the components, even if inflation plays with the prices some. No visible frame issues, so any tweaking, if necessary, should be minor and not affect either the paint or chrome. But to have it done right locally (originally it was going to be gugie but my travel plans changed), it'll have to go to Andy Gilmour in Tucson. So add in fuel, wear and tear on the car, at least an hour's labor to check alignment, maybe another one or two if there's detectable damage? Anyway, from my close scrutiny I can't see any cracking at the lugs, or awkward bulges in the usual locations on any of the frame tubes. But I can't eyeball a 100% straight frame, and having perused the frame/fork's original build sheet (presented to the adjuster for value-establishment purposes), I do want to have it professionally checked before I build it up and ride it again:

I'd forgotten just how much this frame and fork cost me! Of course, a lot of that cost was the blingy chrome, which I'd likely forego if I had it all to do over. But hey, the stuff still looks as good as the very first day, so I suppose it has to be deemed worth the expense

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 10-15-22 at 03:30 AM.
Likes For Drillium Dude: