josh672@l
Aluminum Ally

Bikes: 6ku urban track, fixed gear, wabi sub-15's

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Yo, the thread is from 2009 the last post before you got involved was from 2009 it is now 2022. The thread was over in 2009 it didn't go on after that, why go rehashing the arguments or just stirring the pot again? I doubt most of these folks are even on the forums anymore.

If you are interested in vegan/animal free toe straps, awesome start a new thread on it, this one had its heyday back in 2009 if not just let it go dude. This is the internet people say dumb stuff all the time and especially when talking about not intentionally harming animals, people go crazy when it comes to that. A lot of times it is people knowing they have done wrong but they don't want to admit fault in their own personal actions so they deflect, it is old news but it is something we probably all did at some point. I know I did for years until I couldn't anymore and eventually got on the path of veganism (a year before this thread started) There are more current and active threads to be involved in or if you had questions again start a new thread.

No need for zombies, even if they want graaaaaains...LOL
This thread is not dead, you responding to my post is proof of that. If someone googles the subject, this is one of the first things to pop up, so it's the perfect place to talk about it. I've been a vegetarian/vegan for over 20 years, but I'm not here to talk about that. I'm just here to find some vegan double straps for the new track bike I'm building, and you never know when more people are going to add to the conversation. Speaking of which, the topic is non-leather double straps, not whether this thread is dead or not. It's obviously not, because anybody can still find this topic and add to it right here, so please stop trying to discourage people from contributing to this thread, Mr. Wallyworld.

And I agree that the reason people get offended by the mention of plant-based diets, is because they start to question their own actions in regard to morality and redirect their own shame back to the person who caused their self-reflection. Then they justify their own reaction by the fact that it's a common response in our current society.

Anyhow, for anyone else who found this prehistoric thread in the modern ages, I'm considering just doubling up on the single vp synthetic leather straps. VP makes excellent sealed bearing pedals, and chances are their straps are of comparable quality. Hope that helps.

Now, off to go eat some graaaaiiiiiins...