View Single Post
Old 11-06-22, 05:10 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4343 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
Originally Posted by josh672@l
This thread is not dead, you responding to my post is proof of that. If someone googles the subject, this is one of the first things to pop up, so it's the perfect place to talk about it. I've been a vegetarian/vegan for over 20 years, but I'm not here to talk about that. I'm just here to find some vegan double straps for the new track bike I'm building, and you never know when more people are going to add to the conversation. Speaking of which, the topic is non-leather double straps, not whether this thread is dead or not. It's obviously not, because anybody can still find this topic and add to it right here, so please stop trying to discourage people from contributing to this thread, Mr. Wallyworld.

And I agree that the reason people get offended by the mention of plant-based diets, is because they start to question their own actions in regard to morality and redirect their own shame back to the person who caused their self-reflection. Then they justify their own reaction by the fact that it's a common response in our current society.

Anyhow, for anyone else who found this prehistoric thread in the modern ages, I'm considering just doubling up on the single vp synthetic leather straps. VP makes excellent sealed bearing pedals, and chances are their straps are of comparable quality. Hope that helps.

Now, off to go eat some graaaaiiiiiins...
If it was a great place to talk about it someone would have kept the thread going, it died 13 years ago. A new thread without the previous toxicity would have made sense rather than zombie this old bugger. The posters in it are long gone aside from one who is still an active poster but only made one post in this thread. A new thread always makes sense so if someone does search they find a new thread hopefully sans the ridiculousness of this ancient thread. Looking through it I didn't see much useful info and it was super off topic most of the time.

I was never talking about dieting (aside from the graaaains joke) not sure what relevance it has here. Dieting is not relevant to veganism or toe straps. I know it got mentioned back in 2009 in this thread but that was back in 2009 when this thread was last active and also when it came into existence and died. Dieting would be best in the nutrition section and discussion of veganism which is a separate thing would alas make the most sense in P&R or Foo unless the topic were specifically on cycling and finding vegan goods as it started here before it devolved on the 4th post.

Again I would suggest starting a new thread. Granted yes toe clips and straps are pretty old technology and I am pretty sure all the pros are clipless these days but still if people are using it, it could be a good new thread topic.

Oh and kudos for getting the Vacation reference : )