Old 11-13-22, 11:27 AM
greyfox47

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 2020 Carbon Damone SL6 & Wahoo Kickr Snap Trainer Compatibility

It's a good time to buy trainers... inventory high, discounts everywhere. I'm 75 and take a blood thinner so Colorado winter riding is not something I look forward to. A few years ago I bought a Feedback Sports Omni roller trainer for the feel, even tho not smart. This year, for the 5 months I ride indoors, I decided to buy a smart trainer and cost vs benefit led me to the Wahoo Kickr Snap, a on-wheel trainer. I was ready to buy even though I would have to purchase through axle adapters UNTIL.... I started running across web forums posts (including Wahoo) that said my bike isn't compatible with the Snap. Sounds like it's bushing rubbing across the carbon frame rear wheel mounts that's the issue. Same problem was identified with the Wahoo Kickr and Kickr CORE. But for those two, Wahoo is now stocking replacement adapters with the trainers. So.... if anyone knows whether there is resolution for the Snap trainer, I'd appreciate an update. Calling the local Trek dealers, they claimed to not know of the issues and, in fact, the Trek website advertises trainers for their bikes and the entire Wahoo line is shown. Thanks in advance!