Old 10-05-22, 10:54 AM
Indytriumph

Bikes: 1987 Schwinn Tempo, 1987 Schwinn Prologue, 2016 Felt Z5, 2022 Vaast A/1, 2023 STS ADVNTR PRO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Pompiere
By 1987, Schwinn had switched over from all the oddball proprietary sizes on its parts, so you can use pretty much anything you want. Just make sure the bike is a good fit before committing a lot of time and money to it. That goes for components, as well. I hate it when I have collected a bunch of parts to build a bike, only to find out that something doesn't work right with the chosen combination.

I understand wanting to do a project just for the experience and satisfaction. I did that with my Fuji S12-S LTD. I didn't start out with painting in mind, but when I got the bike home, I saw that it had been rattle canned and had homemade decals, so I decided to jump in with both feet. I stripped it down to bare metal, repainted in my preferred color, applied new decals, and built it back up. I kept as many original parts as I could, and similar parts for the rest. I get a good feeling whenever I ride it because of the work I put in to make it my own.

1981 Fuji S12-S LTD
That is a nice build!
Likes For Indytriumph: