Old 12-10-12, 08:33 PM
chipg5

Bikes: Felt Z80 road bike, Trek 7.2FX hybrid, Jamis Aurora Touring, Volae Voyager recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by groth
Well, you can ride the tow paths of the D&R feeder canal and canal from Lambertville to Princeton. Flat! However, the paving is fine gravel so you might like that. If you are interested, the part through Trenton is not well marked so take a GPS or print out a section of Google maps. (I tested this route several months ago and lucky for me I thought to take a printout.)

How are you coming south along the river? If you are taking Rt. 29 from Frenchtown, it loses the shoulders at Prallsville Mills about 3-1/2 miles north of Lambertville. I sometimes continue on to Lambertville on Rt. 29, but pretty much only on Sundays when there are no trucks. Otherwise I get on the tow path.
- Ed
Thanks Ed, sounds like the tow path is the way to go, will definitely bring a print out, I checked it out on the satellite view and it does look tricky in Trenton. I'll probably be on my road bike with 23's but I've ridden on towpaths with fine gravel before without a problem. And yeah I plan to be coming down 29 from Frenchtown, and probably not on Sunday, so will def'ly switch over to the tow path at that point.