Old 12-28-21, 05:36 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4322 Post(s)
Liked 3,943 Times in 2,636 Posts
This is the problem with direct to consumer stuff, it is on the consumer to try and get somewhere with warranty and they like that because they can say no and most consumers will recoil and say "ho hum, I guess I need to buy a new one". I see it a lot and it sucks. There might not be a shop looking over it so they can say whatever and you really don't have anyone in your corner. "You overtightened this or installed that wrong or whatever" and then you are stuck having to complain via social media rather than just resolving the problem.

I was helping a customer out with their Canyon (or really just trying to figure out if the customer had gotten the parts they were going to send because we sure didn't) and got booted from the line and tried to call back and was put in 36th place (after already being in 24th) and couldn't wait any longer and gave up. Hopefully davethelefty you have some good luck and get things resolved I wish I had some better contact with them but alas I think ours has only been via phone and I hate phone calls, emails are trackable and traceable I know I sent it at 4:43pm Wednesday December 6th because it is time stamped.

If you are going to sell a product that has issues you need to back it up as a good company would do or tell your customers "hey you bought crap and we don't care" while dancing around with middle fingers ablaze. It is not like Canyon is making crap they seem to make some decent enough product and can support World Tour efforts, it seems silly they can't figure out their own regular customers?
Likes For veganbikes: