Old 06-13-22, 08:43 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Have you been diagnosed with hyperhyrosis? I've done a good bit of organized long distance riding. Even the heavy sweaters with whom I've ridden don't carry more water than do I: one bottle and a 70 oz. Camelback or only 2 bottles, even in hot weather. One has to stop about every 50 miles to pee anyway, so there's no reason to carry more water than 50 mile's worth. The hottest pass climbs I've done were 105° at the bottom.
That's interesting. I never felt the need to pee on long rides. My bladder just never fills whenever I'm doing hard exercise. I'm probably "sweating" my pee already through my skin! That's why I don't stop if I can help it and mostly, it would be due to mechanical problems.

I don't think I have hyperhidrosis. I only sweat slightly above average on a hot summer day if I'm only doing day-to-day activities, no exercise. Same thing if I'm doing recovery rides. The moment I hit zone 3 or zone 4 that's when I begin to sweat like rain. I think it's a good thing for me, at least I don't have to wet my shirt with water on a hot day. I happen to hate hot climates so the extra sweating helps.

My ancestors lived ~4000' above sea level in the mountains. We've visited our ancestral place and it never gets hot there even in the summer (temperatures can still drop to 50F even in June / July). One of our national tour champions lived in the same region. In fact, it feels like the climate is perfect for me. I suppose that would explain why several in the family sweats a lot in exercise like I do and also hates the heat.