Old 06-18-22, 09:47 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
I've ever seen a Raleigh Pro with stamped dropouts and safety tab holes on the fork, let alone steel rims, nutted axles, brake safety levers, stem mounted shift levers, etc. It looks like a mid-1980s, entry level Raleigh Sportif to me. Ans that frame is definitely bent in the top and down tubes, just behind the head tube. Whatcha trying to pull, Randy? It's not April 1.

What am I trying to pull? Nothing but it does bug me to see such blatant claims and then responses on Ebay. I see this sort of thing, now and again, and feel the need to start a conversation about it. The last time I did get my butt kicked by fellow forum members. To that add that there is a weird looking fork, seen now and again, that turns out to be the real deal. I would have thought it to be badly bent but that is not the case.

While on this subject of bent or not bent, I will be offering twenty bucks for a late sixties Legnano Gran Premio on Monday. Why twenty bucks? Bent and rusted frame and fork, missing and/or rusted components but a decent set of Universal 61 brake calipers and levers, a proper Legnano seat post clamp bolt (rare item) and a lovely original head badge (I will put the badge on the For Sale forum if the seller goes for my offer).

Back to what I am trying to pull. What really bugs me is isolation! My wife and I, both in our mid seventies, and being kinda ill (heart conditions, blood condition, lung condition, arthritis and diminished immune system), have spent the last year and a half not going to Jamaica and self isolating at our cottage on the shore of Loon Lake. I am only trying to get in a little social interaction with like minded people who enjoy vintage road bikes. And the folks here, at Bike Forums, are my primary source of social interaction. My front yard and Loon Lake in the back ground (where my son, when seven and a half years old, caught a 7+ pound bass, right off of the end of my dock many years ago and I still carry a picture of him trying to hold it up at arm's length)...