Old 02-03-14, 10:29 AM
trailmix

Bikes: 50+/-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
After a long inner debate, my M1000 is going touring/gravel bike. Got the racks from my friend, who had been hoarding them for years. He never even showed them to me until yesterday. After that we hit Sprockets in Porter, TX, and I found the perfect set of bars for it. Later 80's Specialized black stem, and silver specialized bars with 105 levers and Benotto tape, for $20. I have the like new brake levers I got from a member here on the Super Course thread, and I will likely go with black wrap to tie in the saddle and fenders. Gonna be a nice setup, and quite a few pounds lighter than my old Maroon Schwinn Sierra. I have the bars bolted on now, but the cables are still hooked up to the old bars. I am going to do new cables, and save the original housings and rope brake cables.,,,,BD

Then.... I will have to afford some bags at some point. Front rack is a Japanese Showa brand, and the rear is a Jim Blackburn. Somewhere along the line, a paint job will be in order, and a color decision will have to be made. I have the Mazda Sepang green, but the decals are white. It would make them hard to read. Polished has always been a dream of mine, but again the decals would disappear. Maybe a dark burgundy, with eventually a honey B.17 and matching wrap. I have had the decals since about 2005 or 06, from Vintage Cannondale.

Nice bike, very cool.