View Single Post
Old 08-01-22, 07:53 PM
Overdraft

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Overdraft
well I can tell you my least favourite tubeless tires…. Pirelli P Zero Race TLR…
to be fair, this is a sample of 1. I got these to replace my tube setup but they only retain about 40psi after 24 hours.
i sort of expected that tubeless would either work, or not work. instead these things pump up to whatever you want… 60, 80, whatever… no hiss no fuss… next day? down to 45. a week later? still 45. I don’t get it.
ok, to be fair to the tires I’ll update my post! I gave up troubleshooting them and exported to problem to the LBS. Cause was of course not the tire but a wheel imperfection which they resolved by adding extra layers of tape to fair it in. No issues since then.

I definitely roll faster than anyone else in my riding group who are all on clinchers. Maybe because I’m fatter than they are? I choose to think it’s the tires! One of the other guys also has a Madone with Ultegra and he’s going tubeless shortly so if he’s rockin’ a different brand I’ll let y’all know if I’m still out rolling everyone!

Also, I just got my first tubeless puncture!
Performed as advertised for all those still in the tubeless denial camp. Went Pssst like a grade school kid passing note, spat out sealant for about an eighth of a revolution and that was it! Started the ride with just over 80psi and was still 80 when I got home!
Likes For Overdraft: