Old 06-28-22, 08:38 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by goose70
I defer to the training and poop experts, but I've learned that one can train hard but not feel overtrained from a legs standpoint, yet still have the body react in various adverse ways. The type of structured training you describe might not be hard for Peter Sagan, but if this combination of intensity and volume is new to you, particularly over this amount of time, then your body could indeed be stressed. Lack of blood flow to the digestive system seems like as good a culprit as anything. You also mentioned that you've been doing this structured training for at least a month. I'm not sure how old you are, but when I hit my late-40s, I found that putting in a recovery week every third week during structured training blocks really helped settle my whole body down and kept me functioning at a high level. Two rest days a week is often not enough if you're going hard the other days. Also, after three, 3-week sets, I try to take an entire week off. Again, I find that things normalize during that off week. Good luck.
I'm in my early forties. If I do more than 3 days straight no exercise, I start to feel effects of "de-training" and feel weaker the next time I hit the saddle. The two rest / recovery days every Sunday and Thursday suits me perfectly.

My 1 hr training schedule per day is split into multiple sessions with rest periods in between. Stretching first thing in the morning and each session with easy / warm up, and hard intervals. I don't feel pain nor soreness in any part of my body nor fatigue, nausea, at any time of each training day or rest day and my legs feel fresh all the time. Nothing to hinder me doing other duties for the rest of the day like work and chores.

If I'm getting insufficient recovery / rest or pushing myself too hard, my lower back would be the first to complain and I'd feel lethargic for the rest of the day. Those days are well behind me and it's one of the main reasons I took on structured training.