View Single Post
Old 10-22-22, 04:11 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
[QUOTE=bblair;22687905]
Originally Posted by livedarklions
OP did pay for the labor since he brought the part in. I had to laugh at the headline as he definitely wasn't being "that guy.". He's actually taking the loss as now he's paying for the parts and the labor. I would think the lbs would be happy that he wasn't insisting on the free labor.
/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that shops make very like profit on parts, but ok on the labor. So for me to bring in the piece, but pay full price for the labor should be more profitable for the LBS.

But I stopped in 3 times to inquire and finally cleared it with them before I ordered online. Free labor on parts would be ok for a limited time, but I never expected forever. I didn't even ask their rate; just charge me what you want and of course I will be back for future items as well.

As I type, I see my needed part at 28%off from an online vendor.
What's funny to me was that I think you were really being a good and understanding guy in this, but you called yourself "that guy ". I'm pretty sure any lbs would be happy to have your version of that guy as a customer.
Likes For livedarklions: