Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by willibrord
Growth hormones, antibiotics, pesticide residues, preservatives, and other added chemicals are contributing to the rise of lifestyle related diseases and our dimishing life expectancy.
That is humorous. Ever hear of organic food? The reason I make as much of my diet organic as is available in that form is that I also think those things are not good for you. OTOH, no one can prove it, though it is proven that people who eat non-organic do have these residues present in their bodies. Of course all animals pass along these chemicals to their predators, and in fact concentrate them. So one assumes that for sure, everything you eat is certified organic as you are at a much higher risk than are plant eaters.

As far as anyone can tell, these chemicals do not contribute to "lifestyle related diseases," whatever the harm they may do. Human lifespan is increasing across the developed world, which mostly does not eat organic. There's one big exception to that: the US. However it has nothing to do with chemicals in the diet, it's entirely do to low income people not getting adequate health case, gun suicides, and the use of opiod drugs, especially injectables. People with good incomes in this country have the same increasing lifespan as everywhere else.

There's also a case to be made that the availability of cheap calories in the US causes them to be a large part of the diet of poor people and this doesn't help. I know of no research which substantiates that hypothesis, which is not to say it isn't true.

Be the above as it may, your claim of harm does not make any sort of case for eating more animal products, quite the contrary.