View Single Post
Old 01-08-21, 04:36 PM
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 114 Posts
What kind of Falcon is this?

Hi folks,

I was given a strange, weathered, old Falcon road bike, serial #: X30822. It was translucent red with foil labels, but is now badly faded. The frame and lug work is very nice wrap around seat stays, but no tubing decal. The drop outs are either stamped or machined with a derailleur hanger on the rear DS drop out. It has Campagnolo Valentino shifters & derailleurs, Weinmann 999 center pulls, Pivo stem with what looks like GB bars and a unique, unbranded 5 arm cottered crank. The wheels appear to be replacements. The rear is a cheapo with a 3 piece steel hub laced to a chrome steel rim. The front is a Mallard SF hub with a chrome Rigida rim. Both are 27 X 11/4.

Don’t know much about these bikes except that the co-op where I volunteer have one of the Eddie Mercks labeled ones. The frames look the same to me, but theirs has a mix of older Campagnolo drive train parts with the same brakes.

Does an

yone know what level this bike is? I’m not so much interested in the value, but would like to find a home for it. Falcon fans or collectors out there???

Thanks and regards,

Van